According to physicians, every human being needs to drink at least 7-8 glasses of water daily. Scientific study has shown that drinking hot or warm water has some unique benefits for your health. A person who is starting a day by drinking 1-2 glasses of pure warm water has a healthy life. Warm water has some exclusive benefits of its own that you can’t get when you drink cold water. Regular drinking of warm water has few positive impacts on your body, skin and hair including weight loss and pain relief. Regular drinking of warm water, especially in the morning, can heal your body, reducing toxins from body. It improves digestive power and increases immune system. Following are the main health benefits of drinking warm water.
- Detoxifies the Body: Drinking warm water helps in detoxification of your body and improves digestive system. Warm water flushes the toxins out of your internal system and cleans it properly. Drinking of warm water every morning cures the chronic problem of constipation. Fat is deposited on the inner wall of intestine due to drinking of cold water after a meal which may result in intestinal cancer.
- Helps in Weight Loss: If you want to lose a few pounds, warm water can help you in doing so. Drinking warm water taken with lemon and honey promotes your metabolism which allows the body to burn more calories and also breaks down adipose tissue/fat lying under the skin. It also helps in digestion, flushes out toxins and keeps the body hydrated. Being a zero calorie drink, warm water with lemon prevents appetite for food due to lemon’s pectin fiber making it an excellent weight loss technique.
- Slow Down Aging: Presence of toxins in the body can lead to premature aging. Hot water flushes out the toxins from the body and cleans the body. It also repairs the skin cells, prevents wrinkles and dark patches and increases their elasticity thus damaged skin becomes smoother.
- Improves Blood Circulation & promotes Healthy Nervous System: Drinking warm water burns out the body fat and enhances blood circulation. It also breaks down the deposits present in the nervous system thus keeping nervous system healthy.
- Aids in Digestion and Ease in Constipation: Drinking warm water in the morning on an empty stomach improves bowel movements and ease in constipation. Hot water is particularly beneficial for digestion. If you replace the glass of cold water with hot water you can avoid fat deposit on the inner wall of your intestine, which can result in intestinal cancer.
- Pain Reliever: Warm water is considered as one of the most powerful home remedies to cure body pain. The heat from warm water is known to have a calming and soothing effect on muscles, which can help instant relief from cramps and muscle spasms. It also calms the nerves and muscles and improves blood circulation of the whole body.
- Improves Hair Health: Warm water works as a good source of energy for hair cells. It promotes their regular activities and activation and energizes the nerve ending in hair roots which accelerates the growth of tresses. Regular drinking of warm water makes the hair soft and shiny and also keeps the scalp hydrated and helps fight against dry scalp or dandruff.
- Cures Menstrual Cramps: Hot water is also helpful in diminishing menstrual cramps. The heat of the water has a calming and soothing effect on the abdominal muscles, which eventually can help to cure cramps and spasms.
- Heals Throat Congestion: Drinking warm water is a very effective natural way to get rid of cold, cough and sore throat. It dissolves the phlegm and provides immediate relief from respiratory ailments. Warm water is also one of the best ways to clear nasal congestion. Mixture of hot water with honey also provides immediate relief from the cough.
- Turns Skin Healthy: By consuming hot water regularly, you can keep the body hydrated and warm which is very beneficial for your skin. Warm water flushes out all the toxins from the body and regulates the digestive system which keeps the skin healthy and glowing. Drinking warm water eliminates the acne related infection. Due to its natural moisturizer effect, it also helps to tone the damaged skin and keep the same wrinkle-free and beautiful.