“Om is the sacred name of that indescribable One. This word is the holiest of all words. He who knows the secret of this word receives that which he desires.” – Swami Vivekananda
The single word “OM” produces the sound and vibration which allows you to feel at one with the nature. Chanting this sound cleans your aura, removes all negative things from your mind, boosts self confidence and increases concentration. One who chants OM daily develops divine qualities such as compassion, truth, love, purity, patience, and courage. Vibrations of OM improve your endorphins level which improves your mood and you feel refreshed and relaxed.
How to do OM chanting Meditation
- Find a calm place.
- Sit comfortably in cross legged position on the floor/bed or sit on the chair with an upright posture, with your spine, head and neck aligned.
- Keep your hands on your knees with palms facing the sky and let the thumb and index finger touch.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath and relax your body.
- Think about what OM represents before chanting – OM is a Mantra of realization and internal bliss.
- It gives indescribable joy which leads from darkness to light.
- Before starting chanting take three deep breaths.
- Observe your breath but don’t analyze, just experience each breath.
- Now start chanting OM along with this track.
- Remember not to chant the mantra loudly.
- While reciting feel your inner vibrations.
- Allow the OM Mantra to come and go with each inhalation and exhalation.
- Gives equal measure to each sound. For example. “ooommm” rather than “ommm” or “ooom”.
- As you chant OM, feel the energy rising from lower part of the body to the top.
- As you recite ‘mmmmm’ feel the tension of the top of the head leaving your body.
- With each chant you will feel lighter and lighter.
During the course of reciting you will experience the mind, breath, sound and vibration of mantra flowing simultaneously. This harmonization has beautiful effect which helps to keep the mind calm and body relaxed.
The particular version of OM with 528 Hz frequency is known for its ultra calming effects on mind and body
Morning meditation is the best way to start but you can do it any time anywhere. Chant OM aloud or silently. Chant as long as you feel like chanting.
Om chanting is not only beneficial for the chanter but also helps to transform our planet, sends out a stronger positive vibration in the surrounding and magnifying the healing effect.