If you have a goal to loose weight, consider adding some of the nuts in your diet. Most Nuts are rich in fat but at the same time they are having good quantity of vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber but low in carbohydrates. While eating nuts for weight loss, keep one thing in mind that the same are full of calories and eating more than the required quantity add weight instead of losing the same. Numerous studies and researches have confirmed that eating nuts helps in shedding weight as nuts are full of monounsaturated fatty acids which help in reducing belly fat. But, remember, eating more could add extra calories to your diet so the portion size need to be controlled.
Choose one or more nuts (Raw or dry roasted) from the following for weight loss keeping in view, the taste and body requirement. Keep in mind the following things:
a. Avoid to select nuts coated with salt, sugar, chocolate or honey.
b. Eat slowly as you need to chew them longer.
c. Consumed in moderation as they are high in calories and leads to weight gain.
d. Don’t eat in one go.
1. ALMONDS: Almonds are considered as one of the natural ‘superfoods’ which is rich in fiber, protein, vitamin E, magnesium and healthy fats which help the body to function properly. A person who eats almonds regularly has lower risk of heart disease as it helps in reducing cholesterol and makes the heart healthy. Almonds are rich in amino acid which helps the body to burn more carbs and fat. So it is good to eat before exercise. Eat a moderate portion; say 6-7 almonds are advised to be taken in a day. Due to all these qualities it is also called weight loss pill.
2. Walnuts: Walnuts are excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid, fiber that provides essential nutrients and one of the best dietary sources which helps in lowering triglycerides, and thus protect your heart. Omega 3 is mainly available from fish, and for those who don’t eat fish, it is a good choice. It also helps in making the skin glow. Its antioxidant properties help to lower inflammation levels and also prevent type 2 diabetes. Walnuts are packed with polyunsaturated fats, other nuts typically contain high amount of monounsaturated fats, which is helpful in reducing abdominal fat. Walnuts are rich in polyphenols which is beneficial for liver health and thus prevent liver damage. Walnuts also promote a healthy sleep cycle due to rich in melatonin. Daily eating of 13 grams of walnuts help in lowering LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and increasing HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol). It also helps to fat loss and promotes a healthy body weight.
3. Pistachios: Pistachios are rich in protein, fiber, potassium, but low in calories. Enough dietary fiber helps to feel fuller and prevent you from intense food cravings. This helps to burn more fat and help you to lose weight. Research conducted in this regard proved that consuming pistachios is one of the best way to shed excess belly fat. As pistachios are full of monounsaturated fatty acids that help to control cholesterol and keep your heart healthy, eating pistachios in the daily diet will improve triglyceride levels and control harmful inflammation. As most of the pistachios are bleached; so make sure to eat organic pistachios. Don’t overeat pistachios as these are rich in high protein and opt for ones in the shells because they will take you longer time to eat.
4. Brazil Nuts: Technically, Brazil nuts are seeds but they show same nutritional characteristics of other nuts. These are so powerful that make your body healthy. Inspite of being rich in calories brazil nuts help in weight loss as part of a reduced-calorie diet. Brazil nuts are rich in fat but low in carbohydrate and helpful for those who are advised to take low-carbohydrate diet which is more helpful for weight loss than standard diet. Brazil nuts are the richest food source of selenium mineral which prevent from cancer and help in increasing metabolism, immune system, reproductive system and absorb Vitamin E. Brazil nuts are rich in fiber content and it is established in the study that increased fiber intake can promote improved satiety and better weight loss technique.Brazil Nuts are rich in amino acids and arginine which help in increasing energy expenditure, promote fat loss, making it beneficial for dieting and may aid in weight loss. Brazil nuts also contain good amount of zinc, potassium, riboflavin and magnesium and healthy fat which is good for heart and also for women who are often deficient in minerals. Don’t eat more than 5-6 nuts a day because high amount of selenium may be harmful.
5. Cashews: Cashews are rich in carbohydrates but at the same time good source of phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and copper which help in improving metabolic syndrome. High level of magnesium in cashews help in reducing blood pressure, preventing muscle cramps and fatigue. Like other nuts, cashews are helpful for weight loss because of rich fiber contents which help in maintaining healthy blood glucose level by regulating the rate at which carbohydrates are absorbed. It satiates your appetite for a longer period and useful for anyone who is on weight loss diet. But enough of cashews will lead to weight gain.
Recent studies have shown that one who ate nuts daily, compared to those who ate no nuts, were 31% less likely to gain weight. Secondly, the rich fiber contents in most of the above nuts satiate for longer time and a good choice for those who are looking to lose weight. So, consider adding some nuts to your daily diet if you are looking to lose a few pounds or maintain recently lost weight.
Indian Flute Music : Meditation Yoga Background Relaxing Calming Sleep Spa Instrumental Music