What is Mantra Chanting
Each and every person has a different reason for meditating i.e. from health benefits to attaining spiritual connection. Mantra is a sacred utterance of word, sound or short phrase which has psychological and spiritual powers, which penetrates the depths of the unconscious mind and helps in attaining spiritual connection and desired health benefits. OM (AUM) is the most basic mantra or Bija Mantra. As per Big Bang theory, OM was the cosmic sound which initiated the creation of Universe. The single word OM produces the sound and vibration which allows you to feel one with the nature. The vibrations of the mantra chanting repeatedly awaken the spiritual life force and stimulate the chakras. In short we can say that Mantra is the living force of God.
The earliest mantras were composed in Sanskrit and are 3000 years old. Mantras now exist in various schools of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism. Similar hymns, chants, compositions and concepts are found in Zoroastrianism, Taoism , Christianity and elsewhere.
How to Chant Mantras correctly
- Each mantra has different vibrations. Choose a mantra according to your need, wish and requirement.
- Repetition of mantra helps you to disconnect from any wasteful thoughts that arise during meditation.
- Best time is early morning or late evening. You can choose any time as per your convenience.
- Select a quiet and comfortable place for practice of mantra meditation.
- Start the Mantra in the background.
- Sit comfortably on a floor with cross-legged position or on the chair with your back straight and eyes closed.
- Place your hands adjacent to Navel.
- Relax your body and muscles and smile.
- Slowly take a few deep breaths. Concentrate on your breath in the way in which you feel most comfortable and observe each inhalation and exhalation but avoid to control or analyse your breath; just experience each breath. Feel your belly rise and fall. Repeat it 4-5 times.
- Enjoy the relaxing experience.
- It is time to chant your chosen mantra, take a deep breath in. Slowly chant the Mantra … when you exhale, keep the pace slow, and you don’t have to be loud or forceful. Go alongwith the track to set your pace right. Try to pronounce correctly but not over-conscious.
- During chant feel mantra’s vibrations starting from your lower belly and traveling all the way upto your brain as you chant. Chant mantra slowly (not very loud) or silently but with feelings. Slowly feel all your unwanted thoughts, pain, stress leaving your body with every chant.
- Every mantra produces a unique sound and vibration during chanting and stimulates various areas of the brain, bringing about positive results that include relaxation and natural healing.
- A mantra can be chanted while focusing upon a specific part of the body that needs to be healed. Similarly, spiritual mantras help to create positive attitude and empower the person.
- Feel a sense of calm and bliss. All wasteful thoughts, activities will start decreasing and eventually come to a stand still. Feel the flow of energy and vibrations.
- Repeat the mantra for as long as you want, but for powerful results, chant at least for 15-20 minutes.
It is necessary to have full faith in the recitation of Mantras to achieve the desired goals. When during the course of Mantra chanting , the physical forces harmonize with the emotional and intellectual forces, you begin to feel like a complete being.
Meditation takes consistent practice; but is simple and can effect many positive changes in your life. Do it on daily basis for complete healing and total awareness. Chanting mantra meditation in a group brings more peace and harmony to all the group members.
DEEP & POWERFUL OM CHANTING