‘Nam Myoho Renge Kyo’ is a powerful Buddhist mantra. This Mantra describes the essence of Buddhism – the conviction that we have within us at each moment – the ability to overcome any problem or difficulty that we may encounter in life; a capacity to transform any suffering.
It is said that Music has power to heal, to calm mind, we have all experienced it. But when we combine music with the sound of our chants, we enhance the effect of music 1000 times. The sound, the vibration of our own voice send these healing vibrations throughout our body.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo – Mantra Meaning
Nam comes from the Sanskrit namas, meaning to devote or dedicate oneself.
Myo can be translated as mystic or wonderful, and ho means law. This law is called mystic because it is difficult to comprehend.
Renge means lotus blossom.
Kyo literally means sutra and here indicates the Mystic Law likened to a lotus flower, the fundamental law that permeates life and the universe, the eternal truth.
Devotion to the Mystic Law of the Lotus Sutra or Glory to the Sutra of the Lotus of the Supreme Law. This Mantra suggests us to surrender and dedicate ourselves to the Name of One Supreme Power – The Mystic Law which itself being blossomed like a Lotus makes us blossom and we feel happy, beautiful and energetic-full of life-ever young. When we dedicate ourselves to that One Whole of which we are all part, all our sufferings are removed.When we surrender ourselves to that Mystic Law, we become free like birds..#Awesome. Click To Tweet
Benefits of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Mantra
- It gives strength and ability to face any problem and difficulties.
- Transform suffering of sickness, old age, death and re-birth.
- The mantra helps to overcome Fear and Phobia.
- Through this mantra we dedicate and surrender to the Almighty- the Supreme Power which relaxes the mind and body.
- It enlightened the Mind.
- Helps to control anger and submissive attitude.
- Its chanting gives Love, Happiness, Joyness and Wealth.
- Change Defeat into Victory, Loss into Gain and Bad Luck to Good Luck
Here is a beautiful rendition of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Mantra, which you may use for Meditation.